If you’re anything like us, you’ve got a pile of clothing and household items clogging your closets or garage. What if we told you all your clutter could actually make a world of difference for your community?
It absolutely can.
When you donate your unwanted clothing and household items, you do more good for your community than you may even realize. Let’s count down the reasons.
- You help us! – Your donations help our cause through the partnership we have with Savers® thrift stores. By donating your unwanted items to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah, you help us with much needed support in serving our shared community.
- You help save valuable natural resources – For example, it takes up to 700 gallons of water to make a single new cotton T-shirt. By donating, you help offset the billions of gallons of water and other natural resources used in the production of clothing worldwide.
- You help keep items from landfills – The clothing industry is one of the world’s largest polluters, with the average North American throwing 81 pounds of clothing into landfills each year, 95 percent of which could be reused or recycled.
- You help reduce stress – Decluttering has been proven to have an immediate benefit to your disposition. Lightening up your closets will help lighten your mood.
- You help make somebody’s day – Whether it’s someone hunting for a forgotten thrifting treasure, materials for a DIY project, or an affordable wardrobe, your neighbors will benefit from your donations.
This is only the start. Your donations help your community—all you need to do is unload your stash. You’ll feel better that you did. Donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah today by finding one of our donations centers, dropping your items off at a bin, or scheduling a FREE pick-up!