BBBSU reserves the right to change our information practices and the terms of this Policy, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you. You should check the page from time to time to ensure you are satisfied with any changes. If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any actions described in this Policy, your remedy is to discontinue use of this website. This Policy is effective from February 23, 2021.
What types of information does BBBSU collect about me from my use of this website and how does BBBSU use the information?
We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our services, promotions, programs, and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to improve your website experience, enroll Big Brothers and Big Sisters and Littles, and enable you to make donations to BBBSU. Here are the ways we obtain information about you and the types of information we obtain:
· Register for Our Newsletter. When you ask us to send you our newsletter, you provide us with your email address so we can fulfill your request.
· Contact Us Link. If you contact us via our website, we may ask you for information such as your name, address, and email address so we can respond to your questions or comments. Unless you consent, we do not retain this information except to respond to your inquiries.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features, such as participating in online games and sweepstakes.
· When you enroll online to become a Big or Little, you give us your name, email address, and phone number. If you are under 13 years old, we ask you to have your parent or guardian enroll you, or you may call your local agency directly.
· Special Offers and Instant Coupons. From time to time, we may offer you discounts and rewards provided by our supporters. When you choose to download any special offers or instant coupons from our websites, we do not collect any personal information about you.
· You may ask us to send acknowledgement on your behalf. We do not use any personal information you provide in connection with sending an acknowledgement except to send the acknowledgement.
· Participate in Contests and Sweepstakes. When you sign up to participate in one of our contests or sweepstakes, you may provide us with information such as your name or email address. We may use the information to enter you in the contest or sweepstakes and contact you if you win. Also, unless you previously asked us not to send you our newsletter, we will add your email address to our newsletter list. If you do not want to receive information about BBBSU, you may choose not to participate in our contests and sweepstakes.
Donor Privacy Statement – BBBSU collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and donor comments when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, BBBSU keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development process to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections. BBBSU does not sell, trade, rent or share names, address, telephone numbers, or e-mail addresses of donors. BBBSU will use contact information (e-mail, telephone and address) of donors for these purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about news, upcoming fundraising events/opportunities and other activities for BBBBSU
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant US and State agencies (these reports are not for public inspection).
For on-line donations we use the SafeSav Payments Gateway which allows users to securely process payment transactions from credit cards and bank accounts. It is a web-based system that uses a secure (https) internet connection that has been independently certified as a Level 1 Service provider and complies with all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. The SafeSav Customer Vault provides secure storage of customer account information.
On occasion, BBBSU publicly recognizes a donor by publishing a donor’s name unless the donor explicitly chooses the anonymous field when making a donation by mail or online.
Does BBBSU share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
BBBSU does not share personal information about you with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do share this information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf who may have their own privacy policies that may apply, but these service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you to other members of the BBBS family (such as our National agency, which may have their own privacy policies) or to sponsorship partners solely with respect to tracking and enhancing campaigns in furtherance of our mission and as required by law.
How does BBBSU protect personal information?
The security of personal information is a high priority for us. We maintain online and offline safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information in our possession. To protect the security of your credit card information, we use the industry standard for Internet security — Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This Internet encryption standard scrambles data as it travels from your computer to our server. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when the “http” portion of the BBBSU website address in your browser changes to “https.” The “s” stands for “secure.” When we work with other companies to process credit card transactions, many of those companies also use encryption and/or other security measures. If you prefer not to make a financial donation online, you may also send a check to: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah at 2121 S. State Street #201, SLC UT 84115.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, donations) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Does the BBBSU website contain links to other websites?
The BBBSU website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of BBBSU and are not under our control. We provide links to those sites solely for your convenience and information. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to look at the privacy notices for any websites that collect personally identifiable information. BBBSU is not responsible for information that is provided by those sites or for any other use of the sites.
How can I update my contact information?
Please email us to indicate that you would want to change the contact information we have for you. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership.
Email us at [email protected]
Will I receive email from BBBSU?
We will send you email only if you have provided us with your email address and have asked us to communicate with you this way.
What if I prefer not to receive communications from BBBSU?
You may always unsubscribe from our emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Or you may email us to indicate that you would like to unsubscribe from our mailings. Please email us from the email address we would have on file so we can verify ownership.
Email us at [email protected]
If you feel that we are not abiding by this Policy, you should contact us immediately via telephone at 801-313-0303 or [email protected]