WHAT WE’RE DOING ABOUT COVID-19
To our Bigs, Littles, and their family members,
- Parent/Guardians, Bigs and Littles must all feel comfortable having an in-person meeting
- Bigs may again transport Littles to and from activities if masks are worn, and it is BBBSU’s suggestion that Littles sit in the back seat to provide some social distancing.
- During in-person visits, Bigs and Littles are asked to maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance between them or if unable to maintain distance wear masks at all times. If you need of a mask to be able to meet with your Big/Little please reach out to your mentoring support coordinator, BBBSU has a limited supply and we will do our best to provide a mask.
- We encourage Bigs and Littles to participate in outdoor activities when possible.
- Prior to EACH in-person meeting please pause to consider your own health and that of all members of your household. Do not proceed with scheduled in-person meetings if you or any members of your household are currently feeling ill or have recently experienced the following:
- Fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Cough, chills, muscle pain, sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained rash
- If a Big, Little, or household member on either side is experiencing any of these symptoms, we ask that they do not participate in in-person activities for 14 days, and or until they have tested negative for COVID-19.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe.
We were Made for this Moment
Mentoring is now more important than ever. Bigs are helping guide our Littles through the challenging days we are facing. We know that mentors are essential support systems in a time of anxiety and uncertainty, and they can’t wait to get back together in person. Below are the measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our Littles, Bigs, and staff.
We have asked Littles and Bigs to meet virtually during this time. Bigs and Littles can apply, interview, and be trained virtually. For program specific information and virtual meeting ideas, follow the link below.Click Here For Community Resource Links and Virtual Mentoring Tips
Clothing Donation Information
Currently, the most impactful way to make a donation is by going directly to a participating Savers location. Please be aware that hours of operation have changed at certain sites and donation bins are being collected intermittently. Out of respect for the property owners that generously donate the bin spaces to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah, we ask for your help in keeping our community clean by not leaving items outside of bins or donation centers. Unfortunately, items left to the elements cannot be used and will be discarded. For the safety of staff and donors, we have suspended curbside pickup.Click Here For Updated Donation Site Hours
How you can Help
Monetary contributions continue to be our greatest need. Your donation allows us to invest in the potential of every child, no matter what difficulties they face.
The CARES Act has enhanced charitable giving incentives for your 2020 taxes. This new provision allows for up to $300 of charitable contributions to be above-the-line deductions, meaning you don’t have to itemize them to claim the deduction. Your gift will make more of a difference than ever before. To donate, click the button below.Make a Donation